I keep having problems when I try to use my school's Virtual Learning System based on fronter, so I thought instead of getting pissed off all the time I might just write all my non likes in here. Maybe, a very distant maybe, some fronter developer stumbles upon them and decides they're worthy to take into consideration. So here I go:
- HTML Frames? Come on! Where am I? In the 90s?
- No "Remember my username and password" option? Why? You think I want to waste my fingers inputting my credentials? I have important things to type, like chat.
- Where's the unified search? Ok, I'll live without that. Where's the file search? None?! What do you think I'm doing in my spare time? Indexing my teachers' presentation documents and required reading?
- Can I haz calendar export for my calendar? No? Thank you, I loooove having to remember everything.
- News news news.... where's Google Reader? Shit, your RSS feeds don't work there, actually they don't work anywhere.
- Ok, I had this message from my teacher on the classroom wall, but that was a while ago. Where's the archive? No archive? Great, I'll just have to copy-paste everything all the time and keep my own archive.
- Class cancelled. Where's the warning email? No email. Ahaaa... I have to go to school to find out or keep logging in all the time.
- I forgot the date for the school party. Need to go to the news archive. Which is.... in wonderland. I wonder if Alice is on Facebook, maybe she can help....?!
- Browsing through the file archive .... shit, it's 7 pm already? Thank you fronter for making me wait for you to reload the page every time I click a folder on the explorer tab on the left!
- Java? Why do you require Java? You're not using it for anything? Let's all require things. I require some common sense from someone selling a VLE for $$, I want that VLE to work.
- Social social social... is dead. Fronter, why do you make it hard to socialize with other students in the school? Why can't I browse classes to find the girl from last Friday's party?
- I am having a presentation next week. Fronter can you help me send a message to the common student room? What do you mean you can't? There's no common student room? We shouldn't communicate with people out of our class, why? Fronter, don't you tell me to shut up, how'bout I shut up this Firefox tab. See ya', ain't gonna miss ya'!
Stay tuned. There will be more to come (unfortunately). In the meantime, what problems do you have with fronter?